miércoles, 9 de mayo de 2012

This is NOT my last post


Previously, in theredstringofate: A long sermon you don’t really want to know about. I think I said something about having tissues in my handbag… still no success though.

This is not the end, but it feels like it because of the warm weather and the alcohol on a random Wednesday night. I guess I should now be posting something sweet about how much I am going to miss this country when the time comes and I have to go... (Gone With The Wind soundtrack).

But let’s be honest, that would be predictable, and I am way too cool for that sort of stuff, right? Instead, I decided (don’t get me wrong, I just want to be original) I am going to enumerate some of the things I have in MAI COUNTRI that this lovely country DOES NOT have.

1.       Nice waiters
2.       NO moral obligation to f*TIP not nice waiters
3.       Late closing hours during the week (Austrians, late meaning sometime after midnight)
4.       Stable weather conditions
5.       Stable Men conditions
6.       NOT (so many) communication problems
7.       No sport obsession
8.       Sunflower seeds (with shell, please) – not on bread, AND especially NOT in cakes.
9.       Good aperitivos and after-lunch meaningless family talks, huggin niece,old and long lasting friends
10.   Long naked rides on my horse while picking oranges from the trees and having sangria on the beach after my daily siesta

Exactly. Who worries about unemployment when you’ve got number 10?

P.s. If you happen to be Spanish and you are reading the post, please refrain from making any comment on number 10 (maybe you don’t do that in YOUR region, but in MY region…excuse me? what are you saying? of course you don't know about it! then everybody would move there and... there... would not be enough oranges.)

If you happen to be Austrian, you now know where to go on holidays. 


1 comentario: