martes, 3 de enero de 2012

About suffering OCD and 4 other surprises

Previously on theredstringofate: The Asian legend of the red string of fate Haru told me and how happy we ought to be to have friends in different parts of the world. To know that even if we don’t see each other that much, we do feel they are there, we know they think about us and we can still rely on then. New Year’s resolution: a blog. New adventure: Austria.

Travelling alone can be exhausting; at least for someone who can easily spin a yarn (can’t help it). Travel with someone and you will be able to disconnect your thoughts now and then, to make banal comments about anything or even have deep conversations about real stuff if you feel like it… travel on your own and you will suffer OCD. No choice: your senses will be constantly on the alert, you'll over analyze everything, you’ll feel exhilarated or easily traumatized for the most irrelevant event, thousands of thoughts will tangle up in your head… this could seriously result in brain damage at the end of the day, I’m telling you!

Take for example the moment you realize how poorly you planned your trip at the security check. I had to take off belt, boots, and watch, put my phone and my mp3 player on the tray, my computer, the portable super multi drive (I had to look at it to be able to name it)… funny the look of the officer while holding it and asking me “what is this”. I felt SO last decade. I should have answered “Oh, this. This is just my wee bomb maker.”- and make my life a bit more interesting. I repeat the same routine every time I take a plane and I know that I will be going through security check… still I never seem to be prepared for it. At least, this time I did not have any holes on my socks (as usual).



What about standing in the boarding queue and realize you are surrounded with people speaking in a completely UNKNOWN language. “What is wrong with them? Why don’t they speak German? What does it say on their passport? Ugh… can’t see… Where’s the screen? Yes. It’s Graz, Graz in Austria, of course Hannah it’s Graz in Austria. But why are they all SLOVENIAN? OMG what if there is a different town called Graz… OMG where am I flying to? IT’S TOO LATE, IT’S TOO LATE IM GOING TO SLOVENIA AND IM GOING TO DIE ALONE!!!”

But in fact, I have nothing to complain about as my trip went smooth and I’m safe at what is going to be my new home! (in Austria). Today, luckily enough for my mental health, I met the other two trainees that I will be sharing this experience with and we spent the day buying the basics and talking about our lives.

Things that astonished me so far:
#4 Dogs are welcome in bars, pubs, restaurants.
#3 Smoking in public places is NOT forbidden.
#2 If Austrians were quieter in the tram, they would probably be dead.
#1 Those who know me know that sometimes, astonishing coincidences happen around me. Well read this: I happen to know only one Macedonian. Well, one of the trainees working with me happens to be Macedonian and happens to know that same person…

It’s a small world after all!

5 comentarios:

  1. Love it!!!! keep writing! You made me laugh sooooo much!!!! Love youuuuuu!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. tchs callaaa que se va a notar que eres mi hermana! :) ^^

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Jajajajajaja, me encanta!!!! Me siento totalmente identificado con lo de la seguridad de los aeropuertos, que si deja fuera chaqueta, portatil, teléfono, la navaja, el maletín con la bomba....vamos vamos ;)

    Un blog muy chulo ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Pero bueeeeno! increible me parece que tenga que ver el vídeo de la apertura de la cesta de navidad para saber que eres tú XD.¡Seguiré tu blog!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. No se puede negar que has comenzado tu aventura en Graz de manera divertida... al menos para los que te seguimos.

    ResponderEliminar